Community Facilities committee meeting, 27/06/2017 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Community facilities Committee of the Council on Tuesday 27th June 2017 at 8.00pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Heaton, Kendall Non-councillor member: Hilary Cook Acting Clerk: Mrs Skinner Members of the public: 4

1. Welcome

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Mrs Michael, Shepherd

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – agreed

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

5. Declarations of Interest – none

6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mrs Allfrey raised Wellesbourne Sports Club’s (WSC) concerns about two areas that could cause injury to the public: firstly potholes which the Parish Council has agreed to rectify, secondly concrete fence posts where poles have fallen out adjacent to the cricket nets.
Action Handyman to be instructed to dig out old posts and replace Office
Mr M Podbury raised WSCs concerns about how the last round of Parish Council grants were awarded. Instructions were received with the grant monies to split it between the Cricket Club for their building and to Wellesbourne Wanderers. Nothing was given to Bowls Club or adult football. Cllr Prior explained that this is a matter for Finance Committee of the Council and Cllr Shepherd, chair of that committee, was not able to attend this meeting to answer questions. It can be brought up at the next Finance Committee meeting. The question will be put to Cllr Shepherd so that he can respond to Mrs Allfrey about it quickly.
Mr Isted stated that the grant is a lifeline to adult football which they haven’t received. Cllr Prior explained that there will be a public meeting to discuss the process of applying for grants and there will be a Q & A sheet for the next round of applications.
Mr Podbury stated that at the last two AGMs of WSC it was suggested they should have a meeting with the Parish Council. Cllr Prior said that a meeting has taken place. She invited members of WSC to become co-opted members of the Community Facilities committee as their views can then be represented and they will make a valuable and useful contribution to the committee. She stated that the next meeting is on 8th August and WSC should let the Clerk know who will attend so that they can receive an agenda.

7. Minutes of the meeting on 16th May 2017 – the minutes were agreed, with amendments, and duly signed by the Chairman
Prop: Cllr RB, seconded Cllr DK, accepted

8. Matters arising
8.1 Benches – a report will be given to Full Council at meeting on 4th July
8.2 Precinct Improvement Group – Cllr Prior will attend the next meeting and report to Full Council on 4th July

8. *Terms of Reference – consideration of new TORs
Appendices have been added 1). Council owned or leased property
2). Grass cutting areas
Action Land Registry numbers for each parcel of land , term of the lease and date lease started to be added to grid in App 1 Office
New Terms of Reference to be adopted – Prop Cllr RB, seconded Cllr RH, carried

9. Leases
Leases for Village Hall / Car Park / Youth Hut and Newbold Road field have now been received from Walton Estates. Dog Close lease to follow.
9.1 Meeting with Council Solicitors – issues raised at meeting regarding maintenance of Youth Hut, subletting Village Hall to a charitable management group and charging from parking in the future for the upkeep and maintenance of the car park.
Newbold Road lease is straightforward.
All have been sent to Christopher Findley with the questions raised.
WSA lease has not yet been discussed and advice will need to be sought from solicitor.
9.2 Site visit – There is more land than was supposed at Newbold Road field and Dog Close. Youth Hut has great potential but the cost of repair must be considered. There will also be significant cost involved in the Village Hall car park. Cllr Prior stated that the cost of refurbishing the Youth Hut will be looked into once the lease is finalised. It was suggested that the refurbishment of the building could become a community project using skills donated by members of the community who will benefit from its use. It is a big facility which will be useful through the day as well as a Youth Hub in the evenings.
Page 47
The existing gate at Newbold Road can be used and there is the possibility of football pitches and a general sports area in the future. Proposed to create a parking area for the school with Grasscrete or similar material and this could be used for weekend parking for sports fields. Flooding only happens ear the road.
Once the surgery is built there will still be quite a bit of land at Dog Close.
The Council wants to look at the best use for the pockets of land from Walton Estate.

These will all become community assets and will be on 125 year leases.
Leases for both should be signed shortly and then planning what to do with them will start.

Items for next agenda:
Change of WSA lease
Situation with new leases
Costings for Grasscrete
Look into problems with the entrance
Costings for a pedestrian access

10. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information – none

11. Date of next meeting – 8th August 2017

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.30pm

Chairman Cllr Prior
Signed Cllr Prior
Date 8/8/17
Completed 3rd July 2017

Page 48