Community Facilities committee, 08/08/2017 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Community facilities Committee of the Council on Tuesday 8th August 2017 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Barritt, Mrs Bolton, Heaton, Kendall, Mann, Mrs Michael, Shepherd
Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 2 Co-opted non Council members: Mrs Cook, Mr Istead

1. Welcome

2. Apologies for Absence – none

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – Remove items 13 and 14 as not required – agreed

4. Identification of any items resolved for confidential session – Item 12 Handyman as staffing matter-agreed

5. Declarations of Interest – none

6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none

7. Minutes of the meeting on 27th June 2017 – item 6 Sports Association not Club and leases for both should be signed to outline the two as land off Newbold Road and Village Hall/Youth club – agreed with amendments

8. Matters arising
8.1 Entrance to Newbold Road field – Cllr DK to follow up with WCC
8.2 Item 8 Land Registry numbers to be added when received.

9. Grass cutting – It was noted SDC now carry out all verge mowing, Cllrs questioned the quality of the grounds work.

10 Hedge and tree maintenance
10.1
Hedge on Dovehouse communal land Action – requires cutting – contact Tom Fox as part of their contract By Office
10.2
Trees on Mountford sports field Action – Offset budget against work outlined in budget By Committee
10.3 correspondence
Email from Wellesbourne Sports Association regarding Hedge Cutting Action – Notify WSA work can proceed as suggested with understanding works are carried out under B By Office

11. Play areas
11.1 Inspection reports Action: Request all forms from Handyman By Office

11.2 Play equipment repair Action: purchase three balance beams as per quote By Office

11.3 Dovehouse play area Action: consider budget for upgrade of equipment 2018/2019 By Office

12 Handyman role and responsibilities – Moved to confidential

13. Removed

14. Removed

15. Notice boards
15.1 Boards on Ettington Park and Miller Homes developments Action: Write to developer requesting their installation of notice boards as community service By Office

16. Sports Association
16.1 Damaged fence

16.2 Damaged grass areas
Action: Ask Limebridge to replace damaged concrete bollard (adjacent to cricket nets)
Action: Quotes for best solution and likely costs to be sought.
Ask SDC for their definition of a car park – selective use/open hours/public or private etc By: Office

By: Office

17. Leases
Letter from Council Solicitor in response to Council queries raised regarding the leases Action: Respond to Solicitor requesting response to queries raised By: Office/Cllr AP

Page 42

18. Budget
Budget headings in management reports now changed to reflect new committee structure – budget currently on target and healthy.
Christmas light switch on arranged for 25th November at 6pm Action: Contact light contractor and Walton Estate to inform them of the arrangements for this year’s lighting event By: Office

19. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information
Wellesbourne in Bloom are now renamed Wellesbourne Community Gardening
The Wall at White Bridge remains unsafe after falling over and breaking apart
Ramblers had cut back the vegetation from the walk along the river from White Bridge to Charlecote
The Precinct area had been scrubbed clear of weeds

20. Date of next meeting – 19th September 2017

Resolution to go into confidential session for reasons of commercial sensitivity – prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr AS carried
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.

CONFIDENTIAL
Cllrs discussed the role and requirements of the Handyman role and agreed the Council’s expectations of the role.

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at

Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior

Signed Cllr Mrs Prior

Date 19/9/17

Page 43