Highways, Environment & Emergency committee meeting, 13/6/2017 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting of the Highways/Environment/Emergency Committee of the Council on Tuesday
13th June 2017 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Michael Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven
Non Council members: Mrs Cook Members of public: 3

1. Welcome

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Shepherd, Mr Lawley

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – agreed

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

5. Declarations of Interest – none

6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish –
Mr Stephenson, Newbold Road, believed the flood alleviation work had not been completed as part of the ditch leading to the brook had not been fully cleared. He had contacted MP Jeremy Wright raising the matter of riparian ownership for brook management.
Miss McDonaugh, Mountford Close, expressed her concern for pedestrian safety in Mountford Close having witnessed a vehicle driving along the footway to get around a vehicle blocking the road. There had also been incidents of delivery vehicles leaving their vehicle running whilst taking parcels further up the Close and a taxi parking on the zig-zags.
The Chairman urged that residents witnessing this sort of behaviour report it to the police on 101.

7.
Election of Vice Chairman Nomination of Cllr Mrs Bolton as Vice Chairman
No other nominations received Prop Cllr CM 2nd Cllr AP carried

8. Terms of Reference (TORs) Councillors considered and amended the new TORs
TORs Action: update the draft copy with suggested amendments By: Cllr CM

9. Minutes of the Amenities & Highways Committee
9.1 Outstanding actions/matters arising:
Graffiti removal Action: Some outstanding removal to be cleared By: Mr Dave Evans/ Office/Cllr CM

Public rights of way Action: Some paths cleared some to be cleared By: Handyman

Pollution of the River Dene Action: Action being taken at source by those investigating No further action currently

CCTV reports from SDC Action: Request more regular feedback reports – monthly By: Office

Signage for the Industrial Estate Action: Write again expressing need for action and suggesting a meeting By: Office

Bus stop by Sainsbury’s – dangerous Action: Write to County Highways raising dangerous road use since installation
(Ask Anne Parry who to contact) By:Office

10. Dog Fouling Campaign update – Campaign now ended but stall at street fayre was successful £62 raised for Blue Cross and feedback suggests better signage required around sportsfield.
Bin by MUGA to be re-sited Action: consideration to be given of what site to move the bin By: Committee

11. Review of Emergency Plan – Process
Review of document to update contacts Action: Cllrs to collate a list of potential emergencies for consideration of the Committee By: Committee members

12. Proposal to set up a Flood Action Group for Wellesbourne
Consideration of a Flood Action Group Action: Contact Shipston FAG to find out funding sources and how group operate By: Office

13. Invitation to Michael Enderby (CSW Resilience Group) to talk to Full Council in August
Action: invite Mr Enderby to attend Full Council in August By: Office

14. Councillor, Clerk and non-Council members exchange of information
Resident welcome packs were not reaching new residents so Council agreed to take on ownership of delivery.
The WCC highways funding could put some funding toward repair of some of the pot holes in the parish.

15. Date of next meeting – 25th July 2017

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.00pm

Chairman….Cllr Mrs Michael…..

Signed…………………………..

Date…………………………….
Completed 19th June 2017