Community Facilities Committee meeting, 16/5/2017 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Community Facilities Committee of the Council on Tuesday 16th May 2017
at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Heaton, Kendall, Mrs Michael Clerk: Mrs Scriven
Members of public: 1

1. Welcome

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Shepherd

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – Election of Vice Chairman to be added after item 6 and item 7 – T.O.R Review to be dealt with on next agenda– agreed with amendments

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

5. Declarations of Interest
Cllr AP declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Director
Cllr DK declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Director
Cllr CM declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Director and a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to Dog Close land as a neighbour of the location

6. Open Session for members of public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Miss McDonaugh, Mountford Close raised concern about surveys being carried out at the school stating a community room was
provided in 2009 and commented the bus stops in Newbold Road were still in use (relating to a comment made at Full Council
that redundant street furnishing should be removed including bus stops)

Election of a Vice Chairman – Cllr DK nominated Cllr RB, no further nominations were received.
Cllr RB was nominated as Vice Chairman of the Committee Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr CM carried. Cllr RB accepted

7. Terms of Reference – consideration of new TORs – moved to next agenda

8. Committee Designations – action planning

9. Leases
It was acknowledged that once the leases for Dog Close, Newbold Road land, the Village Hall and the car park had been received and agreed, individual tasks would have to be allocated to the committee membership. This work would involve getting quotes for various works to be undertaken, materials used, contractors to carry out the work as well as problem solving, use analysis, and comparison documents between use or removal of the youth building.
Allocations made:
Village Hall car parking
Dog Close
Youth service/Youth hub
Newbold Road land
Youth hut By:
Cllr RB
Cllr CM & Mrs Cook
Cllr DK
Cllr DK
Cllr AP
Cllrs to tour the areas of the leases within the next Committee meeting.
Action: To arrange a Committee tour of the sites to be leased By: Office to arrange access where possible

10. Minutes of the Amenities & Highways Committee
10.1 Outstanding actions/matters arising
Big Bench Project – Cllr CM met with the LIONS and OSCARS who have funding available for three benches. The sites selected for installation were Chestnut Square, Cherry Orchard and the Willow Drive/Brookside Avenue green.
Precinct Improvement Group – Cllr AP had been asked to attend meetings and said the Council would receive a copy of any minutes generated. The Council agreed the group should have a Cllr representative.
Notice boards – The GP surgery had confirmed they would finance a new board on Bridge Street and that the build work was scheduled to begin in July. They had been asked by the PC to put in a pedestrian gate and to create a new footpath during the building phase of the new entrance. Cllrs agreed that there should be a “Council only” division on the Frost Road and Dovehouse Drive boards and that laminated “Rules of Use” to be installed on all boards.
Dog control – This would be dealt with by the Highways/Environment/Emergency Committee
Ground between Bowls and Cricket Clubs – At the Wellesbourne Sports Association AGM the clubs were informed the PC had no budget for repairs caused by the club traffic travelling across the land. A letter was sent asking for their suggestions, no response has been made.
CCTV – This would be dealt with by the Highways/Environment/Emergency Committee
Pollution of the River Dene – This would be dealt with by the Highways/Environment/Emergency Committee
Handyman – The list of jobs carried out to be integrated into the Committee report.
Public Rights of Way/graffiti/highway issues – This would be dealt with by the Highways/Environment/Emergency Committee

Terms of Reference – consideration of new TORs – Cllrs reviewed the draft TORs
Action – TORs with amendments to be updated By: Office

11. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information
The usage of the Defibrillators was queried
Irritation was expressed that the wrongful spelling of Honeysuckle Lane had not been corrected on the street sign despite several requests and promises to do so.
The Dog Fouling Campaign leaflets had been received and the campaign would begin with posting next week.
An update on the deliberate vandalism of two trees on the Mountford sports field was requested

Cllrs welcomed the news that the MUGA works had completed and it would be formally handed over at the end of the week. WSCC staff were undertaking training on how to carry out surface maintenance.

12. Date of next meeting – 27th June 2017

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.50pm

Chairman…Cllr Prior……….

Signed……………………….

Date…………………………
Completed 1st June 2017