WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Office and Staffing Committee of the Council on Monday 15th February 2016 at 10.00am at the Parish Council Office, School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Bolton Councillors: Close, Mrs Michael, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public:0
- Apologies for Absence – Cllr Shepherd
- Declarations of Interest – none
- Confirmation of the Order of the Agenda – Agreed
- Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – Item 11.2 to 11.4.3 – agreed
- Confirmation of minutes 19th January 2016 – item 9.1 Budget – last sentence should end “including the ‘removal’ of the funding for removal of the wall in the main meeting room”
- Matters arising – none
- Open Session for members of public to raise any matters or relevance to the Parish – none
- Committee Budget – Cllr RB led Councillors though the budget (year to date). It was noted there had been an overspend on the office maintenance budget due to unexpected failure of the boiler pump and as British Gas also supplied the electricity, all expenditure for Gas and electricity had been entered to the gas budget. It was noted that the budget for telephone and internet charges had been exceeded due to under budgeting.
|Action: Explore cost of annual service & parts insurance & check if lease contains all repairing conditions
Action: Separate the gas payments from the electricity payments and record against the correct budget
- Office Matters
10.1 Data storage; response from Mr Saunders – Cllr CM said Mr Saunders had recommended his current data back-up provider as this backs information to the “Cloud” and permitted more than one computer to be backed up automatically.
|Recommendation the Council purchase this software for the website, further information to be sought relating to WWPC office data||Prop: Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr AP carried.
Cllr CM to speak with Mr Saunders
10.2 Office clearance; response from Chedham’s Trust – Cllr DC said Chedham’s boxes would be moved as soon as could be arranged and asked if Chedham’s Trust might ask the Council Handyman to move the boxes on their behalf. The Clerk reminded Cllrs that the Handyman charged a minimum payment for small jobs.
10.3 Photocopier contract renewal– Councillors considered the quotes for renewal in relation to the existing contract
|Recommendation to accept quote 3, the current contract provider||Prop Cllr DC, 2nd Cllr AP carried|
10.4 C.A.T – the Clerk said SDC still had not rectified the IT technical fault. Cllrs expressed frustration of further delays.
10.5 Access by Councillors to office out of opening hours – Cllr AP said the Council had resolved that Cllrs would ring the office to check with staff if convenient to come into the office where a visit was likely to require actions taking the staff away from their usual duties.
|Action: Remind Cllrs to ring into office if requiring more than a few minutes of the staff’s attention||By: Cllr AP|
- Staffing matters
11.1 Overtime and leave report – Clerk – circulated prior to the meeting. Annual leave was agreed for the Clerk.
- Councillor exchange of information- none
- Date of next meeting – 25th April 2016, 10.00am at the Parish Council offices.
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.
Councillors discussed staffing matters including appraisals, pensions for Auto Enrolment, the separating of the Clerk and RFO roles and subsequent salary amendments and advertising required.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 12 noon.
Chairman…Cllr Mrs Bolton………….
Date…………………………………… Completed 3.3.16